Atlantic Packaging is now hiring a Maintenance Technician in our Custom Converting Plant in N. Charleston, SC. Please see the details below to learn more about this position and refer to the contact info on how to apply.
Position: Maintenance Technician
Division / Location: Atlantic Custom Corrugated, N. Charleston, SC
Perform routine maintenance and repairs as needed to keep machines and mechanical equipment operating efficiently and in a safe manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and manage work orders conducting necessary maintenance and repairs as needed
• Follow lock out/tag out procedures at all times
• Inspect, operate, or test equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions
• Dismantle equipment to replace/repair defective parts
• Perform routine maintenance
• Maintain constant communication with plant management regarding any issues that may arise so that schedules can be adjusted accordingly
• Assist in set up and tear down of all equipment
• Comply with Federal & State regulations
• Perform other duties & tasks assigned
• Responsible for ordering parts within budget and following up in a timely manner
• Ability to have flexible schedule for possible night/weekend maintenance emergencies
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
• Knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, used, repair procedures and maintenance
• Able to troubleshoot effectively to diagnose issues being electrical or mechanical
• Able to strictly follow all safety procedures
• Able to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions to solve problems.
Additional Knowledge & Skill levels (Preferred):
• Proficient in diagnosing and correcting problems with automated PLC controlled machinery
• Proficient with installation of new sensors, and electrical components
• Update equipment documentation, back up PLC programs, enter notes/history in computerized maintenance management program.
• Responsible for having an awareness and understanding of the company’s commitment to ISO quality standards.
Education / Experience:
Four years machine maintenance in a manufacturing plant.
Experience in troubleshooting techniques, as well
P/C/ Control systems
Experience in Corrugated box plant a plus
Experience in electronics, mechanical, hydraulics and pneumatics.
Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
Ability to read, interpret and understand electrical drawings and equipment manuals.
About Atlantic Custom Corrugated:
(O) 843-552-2697 Ext. 3005
5101 Coosaw Creek Blvd.
N. Charleston, SC 29420