ZERO WASTE PROGRAM
Reduce Excess Materials
Reuse and Repurpose
Recycle Valuable Resources
We Do This Together. We Do This Now.
Our goal is to be a certified Zero Waste company!
- Divert more than 90% of our resources from landfills
- Implement the 3 R’s of waste management
- Convert into renewable resources
- Work together to achieve Zero Waste
- Certify every Atlantic facility
- Make a measurable impact for our environment
Reducing is the very first step in getting to Zero waste because it means eliminating unnecessary materials before they enter your facility, your office, or your workspace.
Here are a couple ideas for how we can reduce:
* Stop printing digital files if you don’t need hard copies
* Look for products that use less packaging
* Maintain and repair products so they won’t have to be thrown out and replaced as frequently
* Reduce idling time whenever possible
REUSE AND REPURPOSE
Reusing is the act of using something more than once instead of throwing it in the trash. Reusing also means repurposing or finding a new use for something instead of throwing it away.
Here are some ideas on what we can reuse:
* Coffee mugs
* Water bottles
* Silverware, plates, and bowls
* Bags and boxes
Recycling is the process of collecting and processing machine-made materials that would otherwise be thrown away as trash and turning them into new products.
Here’s what we can recycle:
* Plastic, Glass, & Aluminum
* Cardboard & Corrugate
* Stretch Film
ZERO WASTE CERTIFICATION
We are working to become Zero Waste certified through the TRUE Program under Green Business Certification, Inc.
“TRUE is a whole systems approach aimed at changing how materials flow through society, resulting in no waste. TRUE encourages the redesign of resource life cycles so that all products are reused.”
Our goal is to close the loop in order to cut greenhouse gases, manage risk, reduce litter and pollution, reinvest resources locally, and add greater value in our communities and throughout the packaging supply chain.
Learn more about this certification here: https://true.gbci.org/
We’ve committed ourselves to sustainable packaging as one of the core values of our organization. It drives everything that we do.
Through our Zero Waste Program, we are working diligently to keep all of the products that flow through our operations out of landfills and to convert these valuable materials into renewable resources.