AUTOMATIC SIDE SEAL STRAPPING MACHINE
MODEL: VARIOMASTER 9440
High performance side seal strapping machine for boxes or pallet loads. Can be integrated into conveyor line. Strapping head is side mounted on the arch and movable. During the strapping cycle, the strapping head indexes towards the load before tensioning sequence, so tensioning and sealing are done right against the side of the load. The bottom section of the strapping arch can be a standard undertrack style, or an electric motor driven pallet bayonet for “through-pallet” strapping, or a combination of both.
- The entire electrical installation is pre- and “hard” wired according to UL 508A, VDE0113 and ENC60105. All cables are conduit covered or assembled within chain channeling when connected to any moving parts of the machine.
- 100% structural steel construction
- Ability to strap with polyester or polypropylene strapping without parts change.
- Superior Electrical/Electronic Design including Allen Bradley Micro Logix 1200 PLC logic control & Allen Bradley Panel View 600+MONO.
- 1 x GS 41N high performance strapping head with indexing mechanism, head moves on linear bearings toward load side, electric motion through direct rack/pinion, and load detection sensor. Total stroke of head movement is 30″ from side of the arch.
- Available with pallet bayonet and/or under track.
- Strap dispenser with pulley block, strap return storage with electric brake.
- Up to 8 straps per minute may be applied, depending on strapping arch and package dimensions, strap quality and strap tension required. Maillis PET, Maillis polypropylene or other manufacturer strapping may be used without any special adjustment to the strapping head.
- Dry contact communication to apply the strap (apply strap and strapping done).
- Internal potentiometers allow for adjustment of the strap tension for each head.
- 100 loads per hour
- 205″ L x
- 35″ W x
- 85″ H
Maximum Load Size
- Portal size to allow max load size of 60″ wide x 80″ high
- Maximum load weight limited to conveyor capacity
Approximate Shipping Weight
- 1100 lbs
- 460 V /
- 3 ph /
- Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1200 PLC
- 24V control system
- NEMA 4/12 control cabinet
- Power on/off lockable switch and indicator light
- Manual function for strapping head
- Strap track with under track configuration to allowing under pack strapping
- 2 communications I/O signals with upstream & downstream system
- Allen Bradley series 100 contactor
GS41 strapping head
- By changing the optional entry and exit guide the head have the ability to strap with polyester (PET) from 3/8 to 5/8 wide and .020 minimum thick strapping. (special adjustment required consult factory for polypropylène (PP) application)
- Consistently reproducible strap tensioning through an Allen Bradley PowerFlex 70 VFD and torque motor control
- Consistently high seal efficiency
- Environmentally favorable sealing by vibration welding
- Separate drive section for high speed strap feeding and take up and to achieve maximum tension levels
- Electronic strap circulation control
- High speed dispenser with pulley block accumulation system and electrical brake that can fits standard coils of PET/PP strapping with a core diameter of 16″ and a width of 6″.
- Heavy duty folded sheet metal uprights with upper frame structurally integrated with base for greater stability
- The machine is provided with a manual including electro/mechanical schematics and drawings, maintenance program and PLC program disk
- Production rate based on load configuration and machine options
- Overall dimensions of machine in operation
- All machine specifications are subject to change without prior notice
- Please consult your distributor for prices.
- Please note that retrofits are to be installed by a Certified Wulftec Technician.