AUTOMATIC STRAPPING MACHINE
MODEL: VARIOMASTER 9460
Automatic high performance strapping machine for full pallet loads. For integration in powered conveyor line. The strapping head is positioned horizontally above the load and, as part of the strapping cycle, will be lowered towards the load to be strapped. The bottom section of the strapping arch can be a standard undertrack style, or an electric motor driven pallet bayonet for “through-pallet” strapping, or a combination of both.
- The entire electrical installation is pre and “hard” wired according to UL 508A, VDE0113 and ENC60105. All cables are conduit covered or assembled within chain channeling when connected to any moving parts of the machine.
- 100% structural steel construction
- Ability to strap with polyester or polypropylene strapping without parts change.
- Superior Electrical/Electronic Design including Allen Bradley Micro Logix 1400 PLC logic control
- Platen up/down motion achieve by electrically driven #60 dual chains
- Available with one, two, three or four strapping heads, with option for movable strapping heads between two strapping track positions.
- Available with pallet bayonet and/or under track, telescopic arch system.
- GS-41 strapping head, top mounted in the platen, in swivel carriage for easy access for servicing.
- Strap dispenser with pulley block, strap return storage with electric brake.
- Conveyor rollers 2 ½”” diameter on 3″ centers for smooth operation
- Heavy duty folded sheet metal uprights with upper frame structurally integrated with base for greater stability.
- Allen Bradley Monochrome Touch Screen – play an active part in avoiding operator errors by offering a great versatility for customized information and alarm diagnostics.
- Up to 8 straps per minute may be applied, depending on strapping arch and package dimensions, strap quality and strap tension required. Maillis PET, Maillis polypropylene or other manufacturer strapping may be used without any special adjustment to the strapping head.
- Strapping patterns are to be established by customer machine comes standard with 2 fully customizable strap patterns on touch screen.
- Internal potentiometers allow for adjustment of the strap tension for each head.
- 100 loads per hour
- 59″ L x
- 139″ W x
- 169″ H
Maximum Load Size
- Portal size to allow max load size of 50″ wide x 80″ high
- Maximum load weight limited to conveyor capacity
Approximate Shipping Weight
- 5000 lbs
- 460 V /
- 3 ph /
- Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1400 PLC
- Allen Bradley PanelView Plus 600 monochrome Touch Screen Interface
- 24V control system
- Current overload protection
- NEMA 4/12 control cabinet
- Autoheight sensing photoeye
- Power on/off lockable switch and indicator light
- 460VAC motor and contactor
- Two emergency stop stations (1 on panel / 1 on the platen)
- Manual function for strapping head and conveyors
- Intuitive alarms diagnostic on touch screen
- Machine and head cycle counter
- Reset function
- Strap track with under track configuration to allowing under pack strapping
- 2 fully adjustable strapping patterns
- 4 communications I/O signals with upstream & downstream system
- Allen Bradley PowerFlex 525 drive, 460VAC
- Allen Bradley series 100 contactor
- Alarm beacon
- 120 VAC outlet in control panel for service work
GS41 strapping head
- By changing the optional entry and exit guide the head have the ability to strap with polyester (PET) from 3/8 to 5/8 wide and .020 minimum thick strapping. (special adjustment required consult factory for polypropylène (PP) application)
- Consistently reproducible strap tensioning through an Allen Bradley PowerFlex 70 VFD and torque motor control
- Consistently high seal efficiency
- Environmentally favorable sealing by vibration welding
- Separate drive section for high speed strap feeding and take up and to achieve maximum tension levels
- Electronic strap circulation control
- 3 HP AC gear motor with Allen Bradley Powerflex 525 AC drive
- High speed dispenser with pulley block accumulation system and electrical brake that can fits standard coils of PET/PP strapping with a core diameter of 16″ and a width of 6″.
- Heavy duty folded sheet metal uprights with upper frame structurally integrated with base for greater stability
- The machine is provided with a manual including electro/mechanical schematics and drawings, maintenance program and PLC program disk
- Production rate based on load configuration and machine options
- Overall dimensions of machine in operation
- All machine specifications are subject to change without prior notice
- Please consult your distributor for prices.
- Please note that retrofits are to be installed by a Certified Wulftec Technician.